SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THE RHYTHMS OF THE SAHARA DESERT
Experience and enjoy the freedom, music and culture of the desert through a 10 day drumming residency, exploring Mad Nomad’s trance drumming.
Allal will provide you with an extensive understanding of trance, African and Moroccan rhythms, allowing each participant to learn and expand their knowledge through structured workshops. Each night there will be the opportunity to practice your new skills by taking part in Allal’s evening eclectic jamming sessions around the fire.
During your stay we have the chance to attend the famous Taragalte festival which showcases Saharan musicians.
There will be a total of 7 workshops with jam sessions each night and a final farewell party in Ait Ben Haddou.
No previous drumming experience required as the workshops are designed to be inclusive for all.
Come and celebrate the heartbeat of the Sahara with Mad Nomad.
- Day 1 – Arrive Marrakech
- Day 2 – transfer to Mhamid
- Day 3/4/5 – Taragalte Festival (1 workshop per day)
- Day 6/7 – Mad Nomad drumming workshops (2 workshops per day)
- Day 8 – Ait Ben Haddou – (farewell party)
- Day 9 – Marrakech
- Day 10 – Depart Marrakech
£750 price includes:
- Transfers and transport
- 7 X 2 Hours Drumming workshops
- Night Jaming sessions
- Presentation about Drumming
- Presentation about local culture and history
- Drums provided
- Entrance to the 3 day Taragalte Festival
- 5 days in the desert at full board, other days are B&B
- Optional excursions – guided walks etc.
- Please bring your instruments – guitars, flutes, trombones, all are welcome to play together in the desert.
To secure you place please contact us and send a £100 deposit.
This trip is for everyone who loves music in the open air of the Sahara desert.
Direct flights available from Manchester, Bristol, London Heathrow, Gatwick & Stansted.
Connecting flights from regional airports available via Gatwick.