LEARN ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY IN THE STAR-FILLED SKIES OF THE MOROCCAN SAHARA
9th November – 18th November 2017
Enjoy an outstanding astrophotography holiday in the beautiful surroundings of Southern Morocco on this unique 10 day holiday.
Travelling over the Atlas mountains, staying in beautiful Kasbahs in the Draa Valley, including the Sahara Sky Observatory, before reaching the limitless star filled skies of the Sahara.
Here you will learn how to capture those beautiful night skies with workshops in astrophotography.
To book your place please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKSHOPS WILL COVER
As you are learning in a small group the tuition will be adapted to your own individual needs. Whether it is getting to grips with your camera or taking your existing skills to the next level.
- You will get to know the basics of photography, such as composition
- You will develop an understanding of depth of field, lens choice, exposure- ISO, shutter speed, aperture and more
- You will develop your awareness of light
- You will learn how to navigate the night sky with a basic astronomy tuition
- You will learn how to take astrophotographs
- You will visit fascinating and vibrant locations to inspire your photography
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE – £860
Please note the holiday does not include flights.
- 5 nights of astrophotography tuition
- Photographs will be reviewed in the evening with the group and the tutor
- Photography sessions will start on day 2
- Photography opportunities will include, astrophotography, sunsets, Kasbahs, markets, people and architecture
- 9 nights accommodation in Hotel and Kasbah:
- 6 nights at the Sahara Sky Observatory, CNN’s ‘World’s top 12 hotels for stargazing‘, half board
- 2 nights in Marrakech, breakfast included
- 1 night in the Kasbah, half board
- All overland transport, including airport transfers
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring your own digital/film camera, manual, charger, memory cards, tripod, filters and flash
- Extras – if you have them, a shutter release cable and range of lenses
- Please bring suitable footwear for walking as you will be spending a lot of time exploring the different areas and also a sun hat
- Suitable warm clothing and hand warmers for the astrophotography nights
- Optional – computer
TRANSFERS AND TRANSPORT
- A pick up from Marrakech airport with a transfer to your hotel is included in the price
- You will be out and about for most of the day and all transport will be included