CAPTURE THE MILKY WAY IN THE STAR-FILLED SKIES OF THE MOROCCAN SAHARA
Dates to be announced
Enjoy our outstanding photography workshops in the beautiful surroundings of Southern Morocco on this unique 10 day trip.
Travelling over the Atlas mountains, staying in beautiful Kasbahs in the Draa Valley, including the Sahara Sky Observatory, before reaching the limitless star filled skies of the Sahara.
Here you will learn how to capture those beautiful night skies with workshops in time lapse photography and astrophotography.
To book your place please contact us on email@example.com
Lucie Debelkova is a world renown photographer, published in many publications including The Sunday Times, New York Times, Wanderlust, Lonely Planet, Outdoor Photography, Digital Photographer, What Digital Camera etc. Lucie is an experienced photographer and an excellent tutor.
“Photography is a great self learning process that has no borders. It should be far more than the simple act of recording a lasting memory. In a way, it is about tempting our imagination to create an outer image. In essence, it is an art form and a way of expression. The wilderness is the perfect palate from which to draw inspiration with its ever-changing array of natural colours, textures, shape and life.
Travel on the other hand allows us to discover new places with new atmospheres, smells, tastes and sounds. It allows us to meet other people with different lives, opinions, experiences or customs, just to let us realise that nothing is just black and white, that there might be visible or hidden reason for everything people do and just because we don’t understand something today it doesn’t mean we won’t understand it tomorrow.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2dBG7qZkTI – Time Lapse Video of the Milky Way in Morocco
WORKSHOPS WILL COVER
As you are learning in a small group the tuition will be adapted to your own individual needs. Whether it is getting to grips with your camera or taking your existing skills to the next level.
- You will get to know the basics of photography, such as composition
- You will develop an understanding of depth of field, lens choice, exposure- ISO, shutter speed, aperture and more
- You will develop your awareness of light
- You will learn how to navigate the night sky with a basic astronomy tuition
- You will learn how to take astrophotographs and produce beautiful time lapse videos
- You will visit fascinating and vibrant locations to inspire your photography
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE – £795
Please note the holiday does not include flights.
- Astrophotography tuition
- Photographs will be reviewed in the evening with the group and the tutor
- Photography sessions will start on day 2
- Photography opportunities will include, astrophotography, sunsets, Kasbahs, markets, people and architecture
- Accommodation in Hotels, Kasbah and desert camp:
- we stay at the Sahara Sky Observatory, CNN’s ‘World’s top 12 hotels for stargazing‘, half board
- 2 nights in Marrakech, breakfast included
- 1 night in the Kasbah, half board
- All overland transport, including airport transfers
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring your own digital/film camera, manual, charger, memory cards, tripod, filters and flash
- Extras – if you have them, a shutter release cable and range of lenses
- Please bring suitable footwear for walking as you will be spending a lot of time exploring the different areas and also a sun hat
- Suitable warm clothing and hand warmers for the astrophotography nights
- Optional – computer
TRANSFERS AND TRANSPORT
- A pick up from Marrakech airport with a transfer to your hotel is included in the price
- You will be out and about for most of the day and all transport will be included